Revolutionary in bio properties
BioPBS™ (bio-based polybutylene succinate) is revolutionary in its two-fold bio properties.
Using advanced technology from Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, it is both bio-based and biodegradable plastic.
Derived from natural resources, such as sugarcane cassava and corn, BioPBS™ is compostable into biomass, carbon dioxide and water. Products made from BioPBS™ can be disposed of along with organic waste. BioPBS™ has no adverse effects on the environment and is naturally compostable, without requiring a specialized composting facility.
CONVENTIONAL CONVERTING EQUIPMENT
You can utilize this advanced material with the same machines you currently own with no additional investment. BioPBS™ can be applied in current extrusion coating machines, blown film extruders, and injection molding machines.
- High Service Temperature: Applications made by BioPBS™ can withstand up to 100°C. BioPBS™ can be used for hot beverage cups, boxes, and utensils for freshly cooked food.
- High performance heat sealability: Having at least same level of seal strength as conventional petro-plastic but achieved with lower temperature. We provide the same performance with less cost in waste disposal expense.
- Good printability without pre-treatment
- Compatible with natural fibers
- Excellent Processability
- Mutual compatibility with other biodegradable plastics such as polylactic acid (PLA).
Mixing BioPBS™ with other types of biopolymers can meet customer requirements in a greater degree of properties.
FOOD CONTACT AND ENVIRONMENTAL Compliance
According to grades and applications, BioPBS™ is registered as food contact approved, and pass the most demanding bio based and compostable requirements.
BioBPS™ is certified by official bodies, please contact your local representative for more details.
|FOOD CONTACT||BIO BASED||COMPOSTABLE|
BioBPS™ is owned and operated by PTT MCC Biochem with the support from MCPP as a global sales network.
PTT MCC Biochem is a joint venture in Thailand between PTT Public Company Limited and Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.
- Bio-degradable / Compostable
- Flexibility, Softness with Low Temperature
- Food Contact